Association Intercooperation Madagascar (AIM)
|Contact person||Etienne Gershom ANDRIAMAMPANDRY|
|Phone||+261 33 37 036 99|
|Office address||Lot III L 72 Rue Alidy Ampanjaka
|Description||AIM, a malagasy association, is created in 2004 to contribute to a reduction of poverty and an improvement of the living conditions of the population of Madagascar, especially in rural areas. Its vision is to create a fair and just world in which all women and men, young people and old men alike have the right and the means to live their life in dignity and safety. At present time, with almost 50 people staff, AIM works in 6 main fields: food security, natural resource management, community health, local economy and governance. It implements projects funded by international donors (EU, USAID, Global fund etc.).|
|Core strengths||AIM is known as organization specialized in:
- Application of nearness approach in the support for the rural organizations;
- Implementation of development project contributing to the conservation of natural resources;
- Development of income generating activities for vulnerable population;
- Application of participatory approach in rural development;
- Collaboration with international donors.
|Geographical scope||Country: Madagascar
AIM works in 22 regions of Madagascar with high activity concentration in the eastern, central and southern parts of the island. AIM has some regional offices where the actions are implemented. It sometimes works in consortium with other organizations like Madagascar National Parks, Helvetas Intercooperation, Ministry of agriculture etc.